Briggs and Stratton’sare a great product to own. These generators have proven to be reliable and versatile. Their reviews are great, costs are reasonable, and advanced technology makes them serve as an alternative to other more expensive generator brands. Briggs and Stratton’s power generator have everything it takes to get the job done, including low oil shutdown.
Briggs and Stratton power generator have available two types of generators: theand the home standby generator. Standby generator allow you to protect your home and family with a protection guarantee. This generator provides trustworthy advanced technology and reliability to all users. It’s advisable to choose the right Briggs and Stratton power generator suited to your needs, in order to experience the most benefits of Briggs and Stratton generators.
Briggs and Stratton power generator have dedicated customer service to solve all issues and help you choose from their wide range of products. The type of the generator of you choose depends on the power you need and where you’ll use it. The user can always purchase a portable generator which is a temporary solution to power when and where you need it.
Table of Content
Briggs and Stratton Power Generator overview of all generator sizes
Briggs and Stratton generator is a company that manufactures both small and large size generators. These generator sizes have been classified into four series and each series has a group of generators.
Briggs and Stratton power generator smart series: This series consists of 2000 and 3000-watt inverter generators. The generators provide clean electricity for use with all your sensitive electronics. These two generator sizes are, tailgating and for use in powering essential home devices in case of power outages, due to their portability and small size. They are always quiet and economical in terms of fuel consumption when compared to other generators.
Standard Series portable generators: These generators are medium sized generators, which are equipped with never-flat tires which makes them easy to move around. Generator sizes in this series include 6250-watt generator which has a capacity of 7.5 gallons, enabling it to run for 11 hours, a 5500-watt generator which has a capacity of 5 gallons, allowing it to run for 10 hours. The 3500-watt generator has a capacity of 4 gallons and can run for 8 hours.
Briggs and Stratton elite series: These are the bigger, top end generators. They have large, never-flat tires for maneuverability because of their large size and a power surge alternator. Generator sizes here include 10,000-watt generator which has a Briggs and Stratton Vanguard twin, and a 7-gallon capacity, enabling it to run for 7.5 hours. The 8000-watt generator has a 7-gallon fuel tank, which lets it run for 9 hours. The 7500-watt generator equipped with 7.5-gallon fuel tanks, which runs 9 hours, and finally, the 7000-watt generator is equipped with a 7.5-gallon fuel tank which also runs for 9 hours.
Briggs and Stratton pro series: There are only three generators: the 10,000-watt generator, the 7500-watt generator, and the 5000-watt generator. These are heavy commercial grade generators used on daily job sites where you may need to power many tools, as well as lighting. They are equipped with steel frames and come with 4 extra-large wheels with locking brakes for easy maneuverability.
What power do you need?
Each of the above series of Briggs and Stratton generator have different sizes, which are targeted at different groups and price ranges. The PowerSmart is targeted to those with sensitive electronic equipment needs and lower overall wattage requirements. A standard series is a value-priced machine for a wide range of occasional and emergency use for the typical homeowner. The Elite series has good top end wattage for powering larger homes and for work-site needs. They are more expensive put provide better reliability and longevity than many standard units you will find. The Pro series is for power hungry users that need more load capacity for long-term use and for powering operations for small businesses when power is out.
All generators are priced reasonably well for the use and needs. This helps you to explore within your budget and needs to find a Briggs & Stratton power generator that will work for you. The type of the generator you choose depends on the power you need and the field of application. The user can always purchase a portable generator, which is a temporary solution for power when and where you need it. These portable generators can be used to power outdoor items plugged directly into the generator, and indoor items through a manual transfer switch.
The standby generators are used to provide a permanent power solution for all conveniences of life, uninterrupted. This generator starts automatically when the power goes out. It is used to power the overall home needs such as lights, water heater, refrigerator, and air conditioner.
Overview of Briggs and Stratton power generator
Briggs and Stratton power generator 3500-watts
This 3500-watt generator always delivers first-class performance at a very reasonable cost. It provides 3500 running watts and 4375 starting watts, this portable generator will keep your essential electronic equipment powered during a power outage or capably run your RV. This generator is always portable, economical fuel consumption and high-quality construction make this a great generator.
Briggs and Stratton power generator 5000-watts
This 5000-watt generator provides power flexibility, and it is one of the best choices in a Briggs and Stratton generator. This generator is used to power basic electronic essentials during a power outage. It is enough to power most appliances throughout the home. However, Briggs’ Power Surge alternator also gives you an additional 25% more starting watts for more demanding appliances, such as a water pump. This generator is also equipped with the option to hook up a transfer switch using its 30 amp twist lock connector. This enables you to power items that are hooked up directly to your home’s breaker box, such as a well water pump, or household power outlets. The generator reliably offers power that goes anywhere.
Briggs and Stratton power generator 5500-watts
This generator can be used to power the essentials of the home including refrigerator or sump pump during a power outage. This generator has the Briggs & Stratton® OHV engine which has a long life and reliable performance to keep delivering power – even if a power outage lasts several days. Power household essentials with a transfer switch through the 120/240V 30A locking outlet or with the four GFCI 120V household outlets – more household outlets than most generator brands. Plus, it can run up to an impressive 13 hours without refueling.
Briggs and Stratton power generator 6250-watts
This is a powerful generator, which is very easy to use and fuel efficient. It has a feature called the Stat Station digital display that informs the user of the total hours of use, the current wattage use, the amount of power being drawn from it, and maintenance and service reminders. An Idle Control switch is also included. This switch reduces the generator’s running speed and increases fuel economy, while lowering emissions and noise when you have a small load drawing power. Finally, this generator has the option of hooking up to a transfer switch using its 30 amp twist lock connector. This lets you power items that are hooked up directly to your homes’ breaker box, such as a well water pump, or household power outlets.
Briggs and Stratton standby generator
Standby generators are installed in homes where the power goes out frequently or where multiple appliances need to be powered simultaneously in the case of a power outage. These generators are much quieter than most and they exclude the need to store gasoline. You also don’t have to run a bundle of long extension cords throughout your house, which can be dangerous. These generators also have a generator program that includes transfer switch technology and a great load control program. Load control is the technology that allows generators to know when they are powering too much. Through the transfer switch, the generator is able to disconnect certain large loads for a certain amount of time. For example, it may disconnect your stove for a few milliseconds, and you won’t even notice, but it allows the generator to work well within its factory parameters, not exceeding its capacity or rating.
Briggs and Stratton portable generator
This generator is used to provide a temporary power whenever you need it. It doesn’t require any installation but it must be operated outside the house. This generator uses a manual starter and uses gasoline as its fuel. It’s generally less expensive when compared to other standby generators. This generator is used to power outdoor items plugged directly into the generator and indoor items through a manual transfer switch. An electric or manual starter is used to start this generator.
Briggs and Stratton inverter generator
Inverter generators use advanced technology and are designed to power electronic gadgets. This generator is quieter than its closest competitors, yet provides you with enough power to charge your appliances. This is the best generator for an outdoor adventure. It’s quick to start and gives instant clean power to run typical RV appliances, including lighting, refrigerator, air conditioner, and electronic devices that may need charging.
Briggs and Stratton power generator 3500 watts specs
- 120 Volts AC
- 208cc engine displacement
- 4.0 Fuel capacity
- 29.2 running amps
- OHV engine
- Up to 8 hours runtime
- 3500 running watts
Briggs and Stratton power generator 5000 watts specs
- Runs at 5000 watts, starts at 6250 watts
- 120/240-volt AC
- 5-gallon fuel tank with 12 hours of runtime at 50% load
- Briggs & Stratton® OHV engine
- Never-go-flat wheel kit included
Briggs and Stratton power generator 5500 watts specs
- Runs at 5500 watts, starts at 7250 watts
- Briggs & Stratton® OHV engine
- 7-gallon fuel tank provides up to 11 hours
- Includes (4) 120-volt household outlets, (1) 120/240-volt 30-amp locking outlets
- Never-go-flat wheel kit included
Briggs and Stratton power generator 6250 watts specs
- Runs at 6250 watts start at 7500 watts
- Has Briggs & Stratton 1850 series, OHV engine
- 8-gallon fuel tank capacity which provides up to 14 hours of runtime at 50% load
- Covered outlets
- 120/240-volt AC
Briggs and Stratton power generator 20KW standby specs
- 120/240V AC, Single Phase
- 18,000 running watts(NG) and 20,00 running watts (NP)
- Briggs and Stratton engine
- 2.31 gal /hr. LP fuel consumption
Briggs and Stratton power generator 3500 watts features
- Equipped with a Multi-Featured Control Panel with RV Outlet which powers your home essentials.
- Has never Go Flat wheels and a fold-up handle that help with easy mobility
- Has a Power Surge Alternator that produces a short surge of power needed to start large motor-driven appliances and tools simultaneously.
- Has a metal 4-gallon fuel tank for more durability and less refueling.
- Has easy starting engine features Overhead Valve (OHV) technology to run cooler and last longer.
Briggs and Stratton power generator 6250 watts features
- Has a 13 HP Briggs and Stratton 1850 series OHV Engine which is good because it keeps the engine running cooler and increases fuel efficiency,
- Has a Power Surge Alternator which provides up to 25% more starting watts
- Has Built-in fuel Gauge which is useful because it open the fuel cap and gest splashed with fuel.
- Has a Low Oil Shut Off which automatically shuts down the generator when the fuel is too low.
- Has a Wheel Kit Included which helps in the easy moving of the and storage of the generator
Briggs and Stratton Standby Generator 20KW features
- Has a Corrosion-Resistant Aluminum Enclosure which keeps the unit safe in extreme weather such as the hurricanes.
- Has Stainless Steel Base to endure decades of harsh conditions with a durable, stainless steel base that resists rust.
- Has Symphony II Power Management Technology which gives you true, whole-house power from a smaller, more affordable generator.
Briggs and Stratton power generator 5000 watts features
- Has a metal 5-gallon fuel tank for more durability and less refueling.
- Has an angled Control Panel for easy visibility in a power outage.
- Has never-Go-Flat wheels and a fold-up handle for easy movement and storage.
The Stratton 3500 generator has a connection capability of 8 hours with a running watt of 3500 watts, 120 to 240 volt AC, 5000-watt has connection capability of 10 hours with a runtime of 5000 watts and 120 to 240 volts AC, 5500-watts has a connection capability of 12 hours and a runtime of 5500-watts and a voltage of 120-240 volts. And finally, the Stratton 6250 which a connection capability of 14 hours with a running watt of 6250-watts and 120-240 volt AC.
The Stratton 3500-watts generator has a runtime of 14 hours run time), the Stratton 5000-watts generator has a runtime of 12.5hours, the Stratton 5500 watts generator has a runtime of 10 hours run time and finally the Stratton 6250 has a runtime of provides up to 14 hours of run time without being refueled.
The standby generators are maintained using the maintenance kit. This kit includes an air filter, spark plug, oil filter, funnel, and oil. While the portable generators maintenance practices include the use of fuel stabilizer, changing of generator oil, and inspection of replaceable parts regularly to ensure everything works fine and is in great condition.
Types of fuel
All the Briggs and Stratton power generator use gasoline as their fuel.
The Briggs and Stratton power generator 3500-watts generator has two outlets, the GFCI 120V household outlets and one 120V RV outlet, the 5000-watt generator has four GFCI 120V household outlets, the 5500-watt generator has four 120-volt household outlets, and one 120/240-volt 30-amp locking outlets and finally 62500 has outlets four outlets of 120V household type 120/240V L14-30R
Accessories for Briggs and Stratton power generator
Briggs and Stratton generators offer a wide variety of accessories for your generator. You don’t have to go to other brands if you need something extra. Get it all from one place! Go to their store or shop online, and you can get accessories such as a parallel connection kit, altitude kit, wheel kit, weatherproof covers for generators, fuel tank assembly kit, magnetic oil Dipstick for inverter models of generators and high altitude kit.
Advantages and disadvantages of these generators
- These generators are always quieter.
- These generators are fast and provide automatic delivery of emergency power after power lines fail.
- These generators allow you to maintain your comfort level at home or work during emergencies.
- Standby generators ensure that you keep adequate food and water supply during extended power outages.
- Allows you to continue running your company’s operations when utility lines fail.
- Standby generators have units which conduct self-diagnosis every week and display alerts about its status.
- Fuel autonomy lasts several days or weeks of operation.
- Standby allows you to normally operate your home or business
- They are less expensive
- They have low fuel consumption
- Standby generators are more expensive to buy and to install
- Portable generators produce carbon monoxide which is dangerous to humans.
- Some of these generators are prone to breakdown
- These units require a longer installation time.
- Permitting process may delay installation.
- Installation requires planning.
- They require yearly maintenance, which adds to your budget.
- They are permanently installed, which makes it difficult to take with you if you move.
Comparison of Briggs and Stratton Standby Generator 20000 watts with other well-known brands of similar wattage i.e. generic 22kw whole house and champion power standby generatorTable could not be displayed.
Comparison of Briggs and Stratton Power Generator with other well-known brands of similar wattage i.e. Westinghouse and HondaTable could not be displayed.
All the Briggs and Stratton generators are always very quiet. They don’t produce a lot of noise.
Size and weight
- 3500 watts generator has a weight of 111 Ibs
- 5000 watts generator has a weight of 171 lbs
- 5500 watts generator has a weight of 181 lbs
- 6250 watts generator has a weight of 200 lbs
Generally, in terms of quality, all the Briggs and Stratton power generator are of high quality which always meets the customers expectations when choosing and buying a Briggs and Stratton power generator.
The value of Briggs and Stratton power generator are always worth their price. Their value makes Briggs and Stratton the right choice for your generator.
“Briggs & Stratton generator reviews are mixed, but the company’s electric generators costs are affordable. The company also offers warranties for its standby generators and portable generators. Owning a power generator is definitely a good investment in this ever-changing climate, but you should always follow safety guidelines.”
Briggs and Stratton have a good reputation for quality and reliability of their generator products. They provide their generators at a fair price, but the quality of the generator and value they provide is great. One of the biggest problems with lesser quality generators is that they start to become unreliable with time. They become difficult to start or fail altogether.
The Briggs and Stratton power generator give you peace of mind in this regard. It also offers warranties to their customers that provide them with additional protection and offers guidance by providing 24-hour technical support online. With their excellent fuel consumption, easy portability, and durable, reliable engine, Briggs and Stratton generators are the top pick. Briggs and Stratton will also provide free generator spare parts within the warranty period.
- Angela Hoyos. (2018). Here’s why you need a Standby Generator. Retrieved from:
- Lowes. (2018). Estimating Power Needs: Portable Generators. Retrieved from: