Are you someone on a budget? Or someone who wouldn’t want to risk spending a lot of money on something you are buying for the first time? If you are looking for inexpensive power solutions, Generac Generators are here for you! They are providing inexpensive and high-quality generators for more than 50 years. In the beginning, Generac got famous for building the first cheap home standby generators and now it is considered as the number one producer of home backup generators. Generac generators are not limited to residential use, they are also producing generators for commercial and industrial use. To further ease your comfort level, they also offer a variety of portable generators.
Generac Generators for home and garden
Generac generators for home use are permanently installed and are automatic in nature so they automatically provide you with electricity during a blackout. Ain’t it great?! Further, you can have them either power your whole house or a few necessary electrical components- it is all on you. People of every profession can benefit from the available Generac generators; businessmen can stay ahead of their competitors by having access to power during an outage and workers and contractors can bring portable generators along with them on their job-site. These generators can be fitted to fulfill your needs and can be taken anywhere, it doesn’t matter whether you are camping in scorching hot desert conditions or the freezing arctic temperatures.
Field of application of gas generators – used almost everywhere
Gas generators  are widely available and are being used in a variety of applications. First of all, they greatly benefit the commercial and industrial buildings where even a small blackout could cost the owners millions of dollars. Agricultural manufacturing plants, especially the ones which are producing biofuels, are also opting for a gas generator since it can be operated by biofuels. Likewise, wastewater treatment plants are also going for gas generators to effectively make use of the sewage gasses being producing in the process.
Coal mines and greenhouse effect facilities are also utilizing gas generators to do their tasks. The gaseous by-products of the processes taking place in greenhouse and coal mines are being effectively used as fuel by the gas generators. Electric utilities are also using gas engine generators to meet the primary demand for electricity. It is a cheap source of electricity and is preferred by the utilities over building a whole new power plant to meet the demand. Caterpillar is also making alliances with customers and dealers to produce Cat generator sets. These sets can be operated using syngas, blast furnace gas, high energy gas and other specialty gases.
The advantages of gas generators – must read!
- Natural gas is clean and cheaper than other depletable resources.
- Gas generators have high efficiencies.
- They are considered as environmentally friendly when compared to other fossil fuels like coal and oil.
- There is no problem of pungent irritating smell. Oil and diesel generators are common for producing a bad-smell when they operate.
- They are affordable and are cheaper than the electricity coming from the main utility.
- Natural gas, fuel, is readily available since gas stations are everywhere.
- Natural gas price is almost 1/10th of diesel’s price.
- Gas generators don’t require regular fuel maintenance schedules.
- No danger of fuel spilling as in the case of diesel generators. Such incidents can be very expensive.
- Natural gas fuel generators have flexible installation areas. It can easily pave its way to safe areas like a rooftop, small restricted locations or something similar.
Preparation of premises for installation of gas generator – do it carefully
For a specialist, preparing the location for placement of gas generator is a pretty straightforward task. However, there are some factors that need to be considered first and one cannot just blindly place the generator anywhere. The perfect place for a gas generator is to place it between the gas and electric meter.
Place it where the distance between the gas and electric meter is the shortest otherwise, the installation process will get complicated. Further, the distance between the boundary line of your home and generator and the distance between the windows and the generators are also put into consideration. Generally, gas generators are placed 5 feet away from boundary line and windows and 18 inches away from the house side.
The connection of the gas generator to the main gas – a transfer switch
Now you are all set to supply gas to your gas generator. A transfer switch is installed with the generator and the exact procedure of how the switch will work depends upon the style of switch that you have brought. A switch will have a connection with both the main gas meter and the gas generator and thus it is responsible for providing gas to the generator. A shut-off switch is also placed with the generator for turning it off in emergency conditions and drip tee is placed to allow generator maintenance.
Models of Generac gas generators – guardian series
You might be wondering now which gas generators are being offered by Generac. Generac Generators are offering the following best generators for residential use – the guardian series:
Power and Fuel of Gas Generators – wide range and easily available
All the best models of Generac generators for home use will provide you the right amount of tranquility and comfort. Generac Guardian series feature power in the range of 9-22 kW. It will power your life and you will feel happiness and peace prevailing within you. You can power all the electric circuits of your home or just the ones that you desire.
These generators simply use natural gas or LP as a fuel so you can merely connect them to such a supply. It is something that is always available in your homes – so, what else are you looking for? Go buy a one and connect it to your main gas supply.
Connection to three-phase wiring – RTS series transfer switches
Generac RTS series transfer switch series offers you a complete package. It has the power of completely illuminating your whole house in addition to providing electricity to your essential circuits. Standard switches feature NEMA 3R enclosures which can be used both inside and outside of your home. The following ratings of three-phase switches are offered by the RTS series:
- 100 – 200 Amp, 3 phase, service rated
- 100 – 800 Amp, 3 phase, non-service rated
These automatic transfer switches are used with those three-phase generators which are employing Nexus or Evolution controllers. In 100-200 Amp service rated switch, default time delay set for warming up the engine and starting the generator is 5 seconds.
However, it can be adjusted by the user in the range 2-1500 seconds. On the other hand, for 100-800 Amp non-service rated switch, default time delay set for warming up the engine is 5 seconds and is non-adjustable. Nonetheless, the default time delay for starting the generator is 10 seconds and is adjustable between 10-30 seconds. On the bright side, both transfer switches don’t necessarily require power for operating.
Equipment with Generac gas generators when buying
Generac generators are shipped from a warehouse in many different configurations. The equipment you will get with your generator will depend upon your specific generator model.
- All generators are shipped in weatherproof, noise-proof casings, providing safety against fire and permitting the generator to be placed 50 cm away from the house.
- Generac PowerPact Series: The affordable automatic portable generators come with gas piston, a single-cylinder engine with a rated speed of 3000 rpm. They are air-cooled certified to allow operation even when main gas pressure is low.
- Generac Guardian Series: The number one selling line generators are similar to PowerPact series except for the fact that engine has two-cylinders. They are also air-cooled certified to allow low gas pressure operation.
- Alternators are integrated with the generators with low harmonic distortion factor i.e.
- Generac’s redundant home installations are additionally equipped with automatic power source switching units RTSI 100 M3, to control the launch of the GG in case of emergency disconnection of the main network.
- Battery chargers are provided to be used in standby mode when settings are also in a standby condition.
- Integrated oil heater and the mounted heating plate on the oil filter smoothly prepares a warm portion of the oil when the generator is started.
- For colder regions, especially those with negative temperatures or below
- Generac generator engine is filled with technical oil for commissioning. Note: during commissioning, it is necessary to replace the oil with a synthetic SAE 5W30 in order to avoid squeezing the engine oil seals with a thickened technical oil during the winter.
- Product passport will also, of course, come with your generator.
- You will also find a warranty card in the box.
Guarantee of Gas Generators – limited but long!
Generac standby generator series features what they believe to be a limited time-period warranty. But still, it is 5 years! Your generators are guaranteed to live perfectly especially for 5 years, isn’t it great?
Generac Gasoline Generators
The scope of diesel generators – will stay in the market for long!
The diesel generator will remain in the market for a long time no matter what. According to one report, the sales of generators of both gas and diesel type is USD 20.93 Billion in the current year and is expected to rise to 27.24 USD billion by 2023. This forecast is a sign of things to come.
According to the report, diesel-powered generators have a promising future, their sales are expected to be dominant over other fuel types by the end of this year and by 2023. It is all due to the fact that diesel generators provide efficient and long-lasting fuel engines with easily available fuel and quick response time.
The generator sales of the market will keep on growing because of the demand for continuous and reliable power supplies. Generators are also helpful to lower your electricity bill since they are proving to be cheaper than the electricity coming from the main grid.
Generac Portable Generators- GP Home Generator Series
GP series come with reasonable prices and can be used for various purposes ranging from emergency usage to fun activities. They are long lasting and tough with firm steel tube cradle and have automatic low-oil level shutdown system in order to protect the engine. OHV engines are offered by Generac which features lubrication facility for uninterruptible service. Furthermore, fuel tanks have high capacity, wheels are heavy-duty and the outlets of generators are also covered for added protection.
Generac Portable Generators- XG Industrial Generator Series
Generac XG series inherits all the benefits of the home generator and comes with much more. This is a perfect power solution, for many years to come, for your home or office. XG series comes with OHVI engines which provides full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for long-lasting engines. Exclusive PowerBar™ and LED control panel are there for easy monitoring of the power being used. Moreover, hour meter measures the usage and observes maintenance cycles.
Models of Generac gasoline generators
Generac iQ Series – quiet and refreshed design!
iQ series of Generac portable generators are noise-free and even win against their competitor Honda. iQ2000 makes power a pleasure! It features a distinct alternator which is not used by standard generators. Power is quiet because the engine will speed up or slow down according to the demand for electricity.
Who would like surprises when it comes to generator fuel tank? Hopefully not you! iQ2000 has a display which shows you when you need to refill your tank. Powerbar™ detects and shows the wattage that is being consumed in the form of percentages; generator status indicators notify you when oil and fuel level is low and also when the generator is undergoing overload or overheating conditions.
Disappointment is just not an option when you buy iQ2000. The refreshed design features a PowerDial knob, offering a start, operate and stop functions. These generators can also be connected in parallel, the parallel kit is available to connect two of them and you will get twice the power. The 3-mode button is available which provides you the flexibility of switching between turbo, standard and economy modes whichever you would like.
Gas Generator Maintenance – a must do the task!
We will walk you through a guide to give you an idea about when your generator needs maintenance. It is always best to call experts for service of generators – don’t be miser enough to do it yourself.
|Working hours of engine||What needs to be done|
|8 hours||Check oil and filter; Replace them if you suspect anything|
|200 hours||Oil change with filter, candles, and air filter check; Refer to your manufacturer’s manual if you feel something is wrong|
|500-700 hours||Valve adjustment, air filter replacement; You need to do it regularly|
|1000 hours||Replacing the brush Assembly; A must do!|
Maintenance of gasoline generators – can be done by you!
Maintenance checks are necessary for any type of generator merely to make sure that they are always ready to serve you. The following steps are followed for service of gasoline generators.
- Gasoline generator oil check: Don’t panic if your newly bought generator has started to behave abnormally out of nowhere. Generally, it is just because of low oil level- so, check it immediately.
- Oil change on a gasoline generator: For changing the oil, refer to your generator’s manual. It will list the type of oil you would need and the proper procedure.
- Plug check on a gasoline generator: Check your generator’s plugs as stated in the generator’s manual. The spark plug should be checked regularly especially in hot weather conditions. If you find it filthy, clean it by lightly stirring it with a wire brush and then look for a gap, if there is any, tighten it with a torque wrench.
- The fuel tank of gasoline generator: Firstly, detach the spark plug lead for security. Shutdown the fuel line, separate the fuel tank and check it for any leakage. A flashlight is the best option to look for any cracks, debris, and rust in the tank. Use a baster or something similar for debris removal and if there are cracks or holes, you would need to replace your fuel tank.
- Cleaning the fuel filter: If the fuel filter is clogged with dust, clean it with a soft brush or otherwise replace it if it looks too bad.
- Air cleaner maintenance: It is generally recommended to change the dirty air filter but you can use soapy water to wash it and then dry it with a piece of cloth.
- Cleaning the filter of the gasoline generator: Oil filter for each type of generators have separate maintenance cycles mentioned in their manuals. Refer to your manual for accurate cleaning procedure and It is recommended to replace it after prolonged use.
Remember that these things can be easily maintained by someone with the just the right amount of skills. It is recommended that you can always try and diagnose why the generator is behaving abnormally if you feel that you can handle the problem, go for it! But if it is beyond your power you should not take any risks and should call the technicians since there are some things that can only be handled by qualified service technicians.
Do Generac Gas Generators really make power a pleasure?
Well, you all must be able to answer this question by now, can’t you? In case some of you are wondering, power refers to electricity! So how electricity can be a pleasure? Well, it is simple we all are so dependent upon electricity that we just can’t live without it. If it is always available even when there is a huge blackout in the city, wouldn’t you smile with pleasure?
That you are somehow accessing power! Your laptops’ and cell phones’ batteries won’t run out, no food will get rotten, no party clothes will be left unpressed, no favorite tv shows will be missed, no late assignment submissions and no getting late from college or job.
Inexpensive and high-quality Generac generators will take you out of darkness.
Setareh et al  have recently innovated a regulator device which will regulate the speed of the gas generator shaft; a rotorcraft and an instructional manual are provided with the regulating device.
The present invention of Hsin-Yung Lin  offers us a new type of gas generator which has an electrolytic cell, an anti-static device, and a gas pathway. The electrolytic cell is responsible for producing a gas with hydrogen from electrolysis of water.
This generator is safe due to the anti-static device which prevents the produced gas from blowing up by the static electricity. We are sure that future will reveal much more so till then please yourself with Generac generators.
- Erickson, D. C. (1976). U.S. Patent No. 3,975,913. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Marketsandmarkets.com (2018, February). Generator Sales Market by Type (Diesel, Gas), Application (Standby, Peak Shaving, Continuous Power), Power Rating (1,000 kVA), End-User (Residential, Commercial, Industrial), and Region – Global forecast to 2023. Retrieved from:
- Taheri, S., & Certain, N. (2018). U.S. Patent Application No. 15/835,575.
- Lin, H. Y. (2018). U.S. Patent Application No. 15/684,147.